Thursday 6 June 2013

Amanda's Make Over

Amanda very kindly, and bravely volunteered to have her before and after photo taken as I wanted to show how dramatically makeup and hair styling can change the appearance. I wanted to tell you a little about what products I used too.

Amanda was going to an event and her style icon is Audrey Hepburn so she wanted to channel a bit of her style. Audrey's style was so feminine and sophisticated and could be copied even today without looking out of date. Don't you love those brows?


Hair

Amanda's hair is fairly short (in terms of hair up) but could just about go into a chignon. I used a large Babyliss Pro tong to smooth out and set the set away from the face, and a straightener to smooth her fringe over to one side. Those of you who follow me know that my favorite hairspray is Tresemme Freeze Hold, so of course I used that here as well. Go easy if you haven't used it before - it's not called Freeze Hold for nothing.If your hair is finer try their newer finer spray, which gives the hold but isn't as heavy.

Make Up

I really love the brand Illamasqua, and their Skin Base Foundation provides excellent coverage. It's great for dryer skin too and really helps smooth out any imperfections and it has a satin finish which I really like. I used Illamasqua's Medium Pencil in Honour to gently fill in her brows to make them a little more bold and 1950's in shape. Amanda didn't want to go overboard with her eyes, and I used MAC's gel eye liner in Dipdown, which is a brown, to line her eye lid but didn't flick this out.


The before photo was taken on Amanda's camera, and the others on my own, if you're wondering why the colouring is different!

Hope you've enjoyed this post, hopefully I'll have some more posts like this for you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment